PLEASE VISIT MY WEB SITE www.blakeadamsgolf.com FOR A MORE IN DEPTH LOOK AT MY LIFE INSIDE THE ROPES

Search This Blog

Saturday, January 26, 2013

It's Time...



My week began as normal.  I wrote my weekly blog entry on Tuesday evening and recapped the trials and tribulations from the week prior.  The Humana Challenge was indeed...a challenge.  I talked about the difficulty in shaking off my winter rust and the confidence I had in the weeks and months ahead.  I spoke about how my family traveled from God's Country to spend the week with me in the desert.  The weather was perfect and it was certainly a nice change from their "everyday January."  The blog was ready to post but at the last minute...I chose to wait.

Why did I wait???  Well, to be honest...I waited because I had a hunch.  A hunch that unfortunately became reality.

After a frustrating round of golf on Thursday, I decided that it was in my best interest to withdraw from the Farmers Insurance Open at Torrey Pines in La Jolla, California.  Once again you ask...Why?  Well, I withdrew because I decided that it was finally TIME.

On Monday morning at 8am, I have an appointment in Vail, Colorado, with the most renown and respected hip doctor in the United States.  Dr. Marc Philippon and his staff at The Steadman Clinic will run a series of Bio-Motion tests as well as a MRI to determine the future of my left hip.  If surgery (which seems very obvious to me) is necessary, I will go under the knife on Tuesday morning.

So what does this mean in regards to the 2013 Season?  I have no idea...I will find out on Monday.

There is good news however.  Dr. Philippon and his staff are the best of the best.  I will be in good hands and I will listen, trust and value their opinion.  They have repaired the hips of a countless number of professional athletes who have suffered from major ailments...some of which include Alex Rodriguez, Greg Norman, and Brandt Snedeker.  I spoke with Brandt on Friday morning and his recommendation and insight played a pivotal part in my decision to visit Dr. Philippon and his staff.

I will keep everyone updated.  Thank you as always for your continued support.

No comments:

Post a Comment