PLEASE VISIT MY WEB SITE www.blakeadamsgolf.com FOR A MORE IN DEPTH LOOK AT MY LIFE INSIDE THE ROPES

Search This Blog

Monday, January 28, 2013

It's Official...


It's official...I will undergo hip surgery tomorrow morning.  My procedure will take place at The Steadman Clinic in Vail, Colorado, by world-renowned Orthopedic Hip Surgeon, Dr. Marc Philippon.

After a MRI, X-rays, strength tests, and a Bio-Motion exam, it was determined by Dr. Philippon and his staff that I should undergo Hip Arthroscopy Surgery rather than a Total Hip Replacement.  This was certainly a relief because at my age, the idea of having a Total Hip Replaced is mind-blowing!  Dr. Philippon will remove the cyst, the bone spurs, shave and reshape my femur, and repair a torn labrum.  Prior to my appointment, I was aware of the cyst and bone spurs.  However, the torn labrum was definitely news to me and to be honest, I have no idea when it tore!  Regardless, I am happy and comfortable with the diagnosis and I am looking forward to getting healthy.

If you have time, Google Dr. Philippon.  You will find article after article of athletes who have flown to Colorado to receive his treatment.  Olympic athletes, Major League Baseball players, PGA Tour players, and hundreds of other athletes have trusted his hands and mind to fix their ailing bodies.  He is considered by many to be the best Hip Surgeon in the United States and one of the top in the World. So as you see...I am in good hands.

I am excited about my road to recovery.  God has a plan for me and I trust him.  I will keep everyone updated.  I am blessed to have the support of so many people.  Thank you...I will be back...I cannot wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment